Monday, April 25, 2016

Student reflection paper.


Looking at a blank screen of my phone was kinda hard .  It made feel the need to turn on the home screen on my phone. However after a few minutes I didn't really care I looked at it and kept looking at it until I zoned out even though the instructions told me not to.  I wasn't thinking of anything I just all of a sudden stared at the black screen with my hand on my head. I also started to think about what I had to for homework, what  grade do I have in a class, am I going to do well on my finales? what am I going to about my classes for next semester. I just started to think about the stuff that I needed to do when I get home and how I will  write this same blog assignment.  This exercise made me think about media terminologies because my imagination ran wild with out me being on my phone and also the way I was thinking I was thinking about all the things that I need to accomplish. When I am in my phone I literally think about the next app that I need to move to or how  everybody else is.  I am more concerned with everybody else's life when I get on these apps and not really concerned with what I need to accomplish today and I what I need to do now. 


I spend majority of my time more and more concerned with other peoples life when I see new or old post by them. I find myself comparing my life to there's when I'm on my phone. However I have my life to think about and I need to be concerned about me and my problems. 

3 comments:

  1. You make a really great point about how being connected to others people's lives through your phone makes you compare yourself to them and how disconnecting made you realize that you need to be concerned with yourself. I think that's something that a lot of us don't realize. Even if we just use FB for a few mins a day those few minutes are spent comparing and wishing we were someone else or looking at our own snap story thinking about how jealous it will make other people. The side effects of the technology we use are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a really great point about how being connected to others people's lives through your phone makes you compare yourself to them and how disconnecting made you realize that you need to be concerned with yourself. I think that's something that a lot of us don't realize. Even if we just use FB for a few mins a day those few minutes are spent comparing and wishing we were someone else or looking at our own snap story thinking about how jealous it will make other people. The side effects of the technology we use are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree when you talk about being connected to other people lives through your phone, I do the same thing most times I find it weird now that I am writing and thinking about it but when I am doing it feels pretty normal, and when comparing our selves to others, i feel as though everyone does it whether it is on purpose on unconsciously, we just have to be more aware of our thoughts, and it true that technology is crazy but we just have to be more aware and have more discipline.

    ReplyDelete