Monday, February 29, 2016

Homosexuality in the Media.

I feel that that homosexuality in the media is actually improving in the movies, TV shows, music. Homosexuality can improve our understanding of advocacy for better representations of sexuality in media.  I feel that they are being really really open towards gays in any media light and I really love it! I love that in the Oscars Sam Smith which is a homosexual man won a award for his song for "Writings On The Wall"  and he addressed he was the first homosexual man to win. I also like how there are shows like the Fosters and many shows on MTV showing homosexuality that I really like.  I love how the media is open so many doors for these kinda things and I blame us as a new generation for it.  I feel that us as a new generation (well some of us) don't care about race or your sexuality because were not as harsh were very open about about a lot of things. I feel that if it wasn't for us as a new generation and social media and also some people that may have felt a certain way before, I feel that things would defiantly will still be the same and will be stuck in the same old same old, and for me personally I feel that its sooo boring. Like in my other blog I explained that in many romantic films its always a boy meets girl or a girl meets boy and they fall in love in the summer after awhile that same story gets soooo boring after awhile. Why not bring a little change into romantic movies why not bring a character that we could relate to why not bring some REALITY in the world we live in today and that's exactly what is going on in the media today in movies, TV shows, and in movies an us as a new generation and people that  think like us  from back then are the main people responsible for that. Movies an TV shows can improve our understanding in homosexuality because we can see that these certain groups of people are just like us and we can some what relate to them in many situations that the character has and we grow feelings towards these characters and we grow feelings towards how we even look at the actor and we love it!  But the same thing goes towards music no one likes the same old same old in music so people go to other genres in music and inspired and the fact that homosexual people are getting so much recognition is amazing and honestly for me I don't really don't care about there sexuality I care about their craft in their music. And I thank Elton John and I thank people like Sam Smith and also David friggen Bowie for embracing their sexual preference because those are the same musicians that people don't care about their sexuality but they just care about their craft in their music.  We as people need to be more open about these certain things because the world is changing and this generation and some of the last is standing up and taking notice of that. 


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aw_sZvauCw I thought it will be cool if I show you a tribute that lady Gaga did for David Bowie. So you could see that it doesn't matter what your sexuality is it just matters in your craft in music and Mr.Bowie had many amazing music hits.

5 comments:

  1. Haha, you're not the only person that has mentioned Sam Smith at the Oscars in their post. That's really cool because it shows that this sort of thing really is something that we connect with. I completely agree with what you're saying though. It's all about having an open mind and being more accepting of people, and I think we're beginning to head in that direction, and media really helps with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your blog to the simple fact that there are a lot of gay actors and actresses that get discredited because of their sexuality. I do feel like even though they are being put in movies now and you are starting to see a lot of gay scenes the scenes still in a since discredit them and make it seem like it is not ok to be gay. its almost awkward now or they over do it and make it to much knowing that America is gradually trying to come into cahoots with the whole idea that it is ok to be gay in America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I like when we look at how talented a artist or actor is and we find out later on that their gay or bi like Frank Ocean because their talent is so blinding from their sexuality we tend to not really care. But I agree with you they do tend to over do it sometimes.For example, empire the TV show on fox..there is a son on there that is gay and in the second season there were a lot of gay scenes rather than the first season that made it kinda awkward for viewers to watch. However, what I wish they would have done was take it step by step with the audience just like the artist Frank Ocean. Because then the shows drama and acting could be blinding from all those gay scenes and its hard for us to watch because what we are watching may not be very new to us but new to see it on TV like how it was showed. Everything just takes time.

      Delete
    2. Kaliyha, what is it about the "gay scenes" that made it awkward for viewers to watch? Is it awkward when there are a lot of "straight scenes"? Why or why not?

      Delete
  3. I don't personally think its awkward I just think that for some people that might watch they will have a sense of awkwardness or get a uncomfortable feeling because they never really been exposed to it or they probably don't believe in it. Or maybe its hard from them to watch. Like my dad or even some guys that I know they get really uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete